European Cyber Security Month is the EU’s annual awareness campaign that takes place each October across Europe. The aim is to raise awareness of cyber security threats, promote cyber security among citizens and organisations; and provide resources to protect themselves online, through education and sharing of good practices. – ECSM
Cyber Security is a Shared Responsibility
ECSM runs throughout October, with each week focusing on a different area of cyber security. The main objects of the initiate include:
- generating general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generating specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promoting safer use of the Internet for all users;
- building a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- increasing national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhancing attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
Does your business require IT security assistance?
If you are searching for ways to improve the cyber security credentials of your business and protect your IT from harm, Contact Us to discuss our IT security services.
With news of Facebook leaking account data and Google finding security issues in its services, it appears there has never been a more imperative time to make sure that your personal and business IT security is under tight control. Furthermore, the consequences and financial penalties for failures in data protection are starting to impact the success of businesses.